These chassis are the most high tech designed chassis in the world. While most companies jig up a chassis by hand, here is a glimpse of the process that goes into designing and manufacturing these pieces of engineering art.
Heartland Customs is known all over the world for building some of the nicest high performance classic Corvettes ever built. We have learned many things about what Corvettes owners desire in the way of performance and driveability. The are a lot of companies out there that offer a custom chassis for the Corvette, but all of the ones we had used in the past seem to have one thing or another that wasn't quite up to our standards. So in 2012 Heartland Customs teamed up with the Roadster Shop to produce the ultimate Corvette chassis, the Heartland Customs SPECVETTE Chassis. This chassis is used under our C1, C2 and C3 SPECVETTE and custom Corvettes and is available for sale for use on your own locally built Corvette.
- Engineered for superior ride quality and performance
- 58.75” Wide track for performance gains yet narrowed considerably from stock corvette to allow for proper and more appealing wheel offsets while still minimizing scrub radius
- Delrin bushings with 660 bronze oiled sleeves for maximum performance and zero deflection compared to the industry standard, polyurethane.
- 4041 Pre-Hardened Control Arm Mounts
- Large diameter control arms for strength and performance. (1-1/4” upper and 1-5/8” lower control arms)
- Exclusive Fast Track geometry shares the same ZO6 spindle yet is designed 100% from scratch to offer the following performance gains over a stock C6 Corvette IRS
- Increased camber gains in roll compared to a stock corvette (1 degree of negative camber gain through 1” of compression and 1 degree of body roll) This makes sure that your tires never gain positive camber and loose traction no matter how hard fast you corner
- Camber gains are closely matched with Fast Track front suspension to give you a perfect balanced and predictable car
- Suspension mounting points and unique geometry keep the roll center from moving laterally during cornering
- Upper and lower control arm mounting points are pitched to give your vehicle 55% anti-squat, NO OTHER IRS OFFERS THIS, (Anti-squat will make your tires plant harder to the ground to help with acceleration and traction out of corners and from a launch)
- Rear mounted tie-rods are mounted with high performance spherical bearings to handle high horsepower and yield .02” of bump steer through 3 inches of compression
- Light weight aluminum center section has pinion angle built into the mounting design
- Large 1.375” high performance CV axles are made from 300m alloy steel material capable of handling over 1000hp even in drag race applications
- Indestructible, high performance custom machined 930 style chromoly CV joints (other companies are using low HP u-joints or Chinese non-performance cv joints)
- CV boots are specially vented and lubricated with NEO-grease and designed for road race use. In high temperature environments they will not balloon or boil grease out causing damage to your CV joint
- Grade 8 Hardware used through out
- Uses stock core support and bumper brackets
- All brackets are mounted in double shear to ensure strength by supporting the mounting bolt on both sides.
- Offset splined sway bars with adjustable arms and C6 Corvette end links. Offset sway bars means no tire rub in hard cornering
- Penske Pro-Touring performance coilovers
- Cradle designed mounting system provides maximum strength and eliminates flexing or movement from rear end torque.
- Utilizes stock, externally mounted C5/C6 Corvette style brakes offering a wide range of brake choices from the aftermarket industry.
- Designed for clearance of up to 3” exhaust pipe to run above the axles for a clean routed system. Optional exhaust mounts are available to secure pipes to pre-drilled holes in the upper crossmember.
- Control arm clearances and crossmember packaging allow for vertical shock mounting vs. competitors’ IRS that have a drastic shock angle which require a heavy spring rate that can yield a harsher ride.- Modular design allows for simple shock, sway bar, and 3rd member swaps without major disassembly.
- Grease fittings in the upper and lower control arm bushings for ease of lubrication
- Drop out transmssion crossmember
- NO BENT TUBING, frame rails are four individually laser cut pieces of steel that are welded. No bent tubing means no weak points.
- Accepts any 9" center section
- Straight axle and IRS available
- Prebent stainless brake lines available
- Custom built rack and pinion...NO Ford steering rack and pinion in your Corvette
- Electronic ride control available
- Rear frame rails are narrowed to accept 12" wheels
Call or email any questions you have. We pride ourselves on fast responses and customer service.
IF YOU ARE PURCHASING A SPECVETTE CHASSIS FOR USE IN YOUR OWN CAR, MODIFICATIONS MAY HAVE TO BE MADE TO THE VEHICLE TO ACCEPT THE SPECVETTE CHASSIS. THIS IS NOT USUALLY A BOLT IN APPLICATION!
CLASSIC VEHICLES WITH MODERN SUPERCAR PERFORMANCE AND COMFORTS!
Owner location: Oklahoma
CLASSIC VEHICLES WITH MODERN SUPERCAR PERFORMANCE AND COMFORTS
ALL MAKES, MODELS AND YEARS
* BUILDERS OF THE WORLDS ONLY NATIONAL CORVETTE MUSEUM AUTHENTICATED RESTOMOD CORVETTE *